Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Day Five






Day five, I found myself heading down a river in a boat a little bigger than a bathtub. Four Corner's Whitewater took us out on the Animas River to attempt kayaking, or something similar to it. The called our boats "Duckies". It was fun, hard work, and cold! Yeah, we both took some spills trying to "surf" on the rapids. Chris was our river guide, and saved me twice. The river wasn't high at all, and they (river guides) all seem to think we would enjoy the river at it's wildest (June). In a raft I probably would. After that, we went to Mesa Verde National Park, and toured two ruins, the Cliff Palace and Spruce Tree House. It was Scott's first time, and he loved it. We left Colorado Tuesday evening and drove to Moab, Utah. We're staying at the La Quinta Inn, which is pretty nice, and plan on going to the Arches National Park today.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You guys are insane! I'm sending Chris with you next time you vacation as this is right up his alley (can you picture me on a fourteener?)