Tuesday, June 30, 2009

one month check-up


Stats

Weight - 7 lbs 4 oz (5th percentile)
Length - 21 3/4 inches (65th percentile)
Head 14 1/2 inches (45th percentile)

She would prefer to be called string bean rather than peanut :)

Good news is that she is staying on her growth curves, which is all that matters.

It's been a little (okay, more than a little) rough around here for the past couple of days. I am looking for all sorts of answers online, in books and from the doctor on why she is not longer sleeping in her crib, why can't I console her without feeding her, and when will this get better! I know it is just going to take some time. This too shall pass, and I just have to take it hour by hour (like the four hours I tried last night to get her to sleep). There is a highlight to my days now though... she has started to smile. I am not sure if it is on purpose or not, but she is awake when she does it and looking right at me, so I am going to keep thinking that it is just for me.

4 comments:

Katie said...

She's just sad that her Aunt Katie left her. If it makes you feel any better, my kid was up for hours last night too. Okay, I know it doesn't make it feel better because I don't feel better. But I did almost call you at 1 AM (and 2 AM, and 3 AM, and 5 AM) when I was up. But I definitely wasn't up at 5:30 when I should have been as my alarm didn't go off. Nope, didn't get up until 7:15!

Dana said...

Sorry to hear about the late nights! It's no consolation but every mom on the planet can relate. You're right, this will pass. Try to sleep when Tessa does...don't worry about the cleaning and laundry, it's not going anywhere! Think of you alot. Keep the photos coming.

Grandma Linda said...

Such a precious "little peanut". Thanks Kelly for posting all the wonderful pictures and info. Grandma Linda

Shannon said...

Hang in there with the sleep thing - it does get better! It seems like forever at the time, but you'll be amazed how all the sudden, one night everything will just click! I love all the pics of Tessa - can't wait to meet her.