We closed on the new house last week! We plan on officially moving in a few weeks, but started the process yesterday, moving the little stuff over (I am happy to say we have an entire empty room at "old house"). And yesterday we officially became farmers to the 20+ orange trees on the property. They get watered by flood irrigation, and our first time was yesterday - it was a success! We have a valve at the front of the property that I turn on at a specific time and it runs down the size to the back. The first picture is right after I opened it. Our neighbors hadn't closed theirs yet, but in the second picture they did and you can see it was flowing! Also, we had a huge, long dust storm yesterday right during our irrigation time.
Dust storm + having to be outside for 1.5 hours = not so fun.
Watered trees make me happy though. Thankfully when it was time to shut off the valve my Dad was there to help, because even with me standing on it, I couldn't get it to close all the way with the water pressure. It was Tessa's nap time, so she didn't get to see it, but I think she will love it!



No comments:
Post a Comment