Friday, August 28, 2009

Worlds Worst Cat


Finn is going to kitty Hell. She is pure evil. It began with Addie's dog bed that sits in the living room. It is made out of Crypton fabric, which is water, stain and bacterial resistant... and it has weimaraners on it. Too perfect for our little weim. Finn decided that she hated that bed. And she wanted everyone to know. At night, when we were peacefully sleeping, Finn would pee on the bed, leaving us (and Addie) with an unpleasant surprise in the morning (Addie would go over to her bed, sniff it and put her head down and walk away. Very sad). This happened so many times that my awesome Crypton bed was no longer water resistant, resulting in having to wash the interior as well after each incident. So we would always have to pick up the bed before we went into bed at night and lock it in our room with us, away from the demon cat (We cannot leave our door open because said demon will come and jump on the bed and wake us up). When Tessa came along and decided she only wanted to sleep in the swing, we needed to leave our door open to hear her in the living room silently swinging away. So, Finn now gets locked in the laundry room (with another litter box) at night, and we can leave the dog bed in it's place. Yesterday, I let Finn out of the laundry room and go about my morning, only to find about 30 minutes later that she peed on Addie's bed in daylight! Brave kitty. So I pick her up, show her what she has done wrong, and say no no no no no a million times. I recite this story to my mom and Scott, and my mom replies, "Well now she is just going to poop on your bed." And that is exactly what happened this morning. Poop on the bed. My bed. Seriously, this cat holds grudges. And this is not the first time it has happened. It happened once before when I returned to work after being home with her all the time, and one other time... not sure why, but I am sure if you ask Finn, there will be a reason. And so I am trying to be as nice to her today as I can be, to prevent this from happening again tomorrow. And that is hard! I was thinking today that maybe I will have perfect children because God gave me the world's worst pets already.

3 comments:

Dana said...

I know it feels like you have the worst pets...we all do. Multiply the experience you've had with your cat x 3. (Yikes) Tip: after you've cleaned Addie's bed, place aluminum foil in it. Finn won't like it. Eventually she will come around. Remember...your cat owns you! Too funny, Kelly.

Shannon said...

Ever since we had the girls our little Beagle dog has become the food swiper. Drives us crazy! I have even walked out of the room and come back to her sitting on the table eating off the baby's plate. Wow - I almost lost it!
Good luck with the cat - cat pee pretty much crosses the line for me!

Sheryl/Mom/Grandma said...

You can always threaten her with the neighborhood coyote that regularly prowls the area looking for the quick "snack!" She really is a demon. I'm sorry ;) Haven't heard of the tip about the aluminum foil. But it's certainly worth a try. Mom:)