Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Good News/Bad News

Bad news first:  My computer broke.  On December 26th.  I opened it up and it would turn on but my screen was blank.  Everything has been backed up on the external hard drive (which is locked away in a fireproof safe because I am neurotic), but still, I was not so happy thinking about the possibility of buying a new laptop (MacBook Pro to be specific) since I just spent a pretty penny buying a new iPad for someone special the day before.

Now the good news:  My local Apple Genius told me this morning that my video card has gone out, and would need to be replaced.  Also my battery was a fire hazard and should be replaced as well (everything is 3 years old).  The total price = over $1000.  What's the good news?  My specific video card had a problem with it, and after a claim by Apple against the manufacture, all of the failed video cards will be replaced free of charge!  What about the battery?  The guy just said he was being nice and threw a new one in for free as well.

So more Christmas pictures and videos will have to wait 2-3 days while the computer is being fixed.  Happy day!  Hope everyone is having some good luck today, too!

No comments: