Sunday, May 8, 2011

Tot School

Tot School

Tessa is 23 months old

We continued to work on our dot pages and letters.  I am happy to report that she knows the colors red and blue by heart.  The others... we're working on it.


Writing the letter A she would say up, down, across.  But I think she had the most fun wiping the paper clean.


Speaking of colors, I brought out her color box 2.  She enjoys dumping them all out... but will make matches as well.  They slide across the floor really easily, so our play sessions are usually short as I put it away for a different time when she abuses the materials.  Hopefully she will learn to keep them on her play mat in the future.


Practical life activities included folding towels -


and watering flowers - 



We also had lots of outdoor time this week... because it has hit 100 degrees already, and we know it's only going to get hotter!  100 is a lot better than 115 :)


Book of the week - We're Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury



We have ours from the library... but I saw on Amazon that it is a pop-up book!  We might have to add the pop-up edition to our permanent collection.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Love it! Awesome pics too... as always!

Monica said...

We love the bear hunt book. :) Such fun memories reading together. There is a lapbook for that book at www.homeschoolshare.com (free)...it's more for slightly older kids, but there are some parts of it you might like.

Lisa @ Our Country Road said...

Looks like you had a lovely week!! Love the apron that your little girl is wearing!