Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tot School

Tot School
Tessa is 26 months old

We had fun with a lot of practical life activities this week:




Consequence of coloring with crayon on the window?  You get to clean it up (although she did not see this as much as a punishment, but fun, which is fine with me).  I think this week I am going to get together a cleaning bucket that she has access to.

We also had a lot of fun with art this week.  I picked up some crayola slick sticks which worked much better than crayons, although they are not washable, so we wore one of Daddy's old shirts.

I also made sidewalk paint and let her go to town.  It did stain the sidewalk blue for a few days, but you can't tell now (thank goodness)

We also tried print making again, which turned out how all our painting projects do - finger painting.  We cleaned up in the water table outside, which she loved!


Working on stirring instant pudding to use later on that afternoon to paint with.  This was T's first two step project.  We made it before lunch and used it after her nap that afternoon.  She has not had pudding before, so I was curious to see how long it would take before she realized that you could actually eat it.  Just like any project, it turned into finger painting and then it went in the mouth.  

Fun new toy of the week were some rocks we picked up at Kartchner's Cavern, which included Hematite, which is magnetic.  They have a very strong magnetic pull, and she performs "magic tricks" all day for us by lining them up and attracting them to each other.  The first time she played with them she went thru all the other rocks to see if they were "magic" too.  This was a great introduction to magnets.


Book of the week:  All the World by Liz Garton Scanion and Maria Frazee
We actually picked this book up from the library in Kauai, but I keep on forgetting to share it.  The world are calming and the pictures are beautiful!


See what others are doing at 1+1+1=1

6 comments:

Theprincessandthetot said...

Precious, precious pictures! I especially love the practical life activities you did this week.

Theprincessandthetot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stefanie said...

Awesome week and wonderful photos!!

Amanda said...

Such beautiful photos! You've inspired me to try some practical life activities this week. I have some bananas waiting to be sliced.... :) Thanks for sharing!

Marlynn said...

Such fun! My girls love to clean up after their messes too...I think they make the messes just so they can clean them up. Go figure, maybe it will hold out for the teenager years? Haha

Sheryl/Mom/Grandma said...

I love the concentration on Tessa's face. That little girl takes her work seriously! She is learning and growing so fast.