Sunday, October 21, 2012

Midwest Tour, Days 3-4 and 5

And we're back.  I've gone back to work since "Midwest Tour, Days 1 and 2".  If you would like more blog posts, please start an early retirement fund for me.  :)

Day 3 we found ourselves making a trip to Oswego, Kansas!  A trip that I've made hundreds of time, but this was the first time that I've actually driven.  I am happy to say that I did not need a map.  The kids and I made a pitstop in Fort Scott at some ball fields that I've always seen and always wanted to stop at on our family trips.  I guess I can cross that off my bucket list now!

My Grandma Ruth, as always, had lots to talk about with us.  It was great to see her!  Tessa wondered why she didn't have toys at her house  :)  Just like me, she and James soon found lots of things to do outside (with a little help from Aunt Nancy, too).


Claire was along for the trip, too; but like any 8 month old she preferred Mom and Dad!  Katie has a picture of all 4 of them together with their Great Grandma.  Maybe when someone starts an early retirement fund for her she will put it on her blog :)

Tessa was able to play her favorite game with James - Campfire!  And the silly kids actually ate their "marshmallows".  Gross.


After a long drive back and another pit stop for us at the Louisburg Cider Mill (Yum!) we made it make to Overland Park.  Even though it was 6 hours of driving, and we had crying babies in the car, I am more than happy to make that same trip again - because I don't know how many opportunities I'll have to visit Oswego again.

The next day we woke up to COLD weather!  But that didn't stop us from going to the Farmstead.


The geese were obviously used to running, screaming 3 foot tall humans.  I think if Tessa wasn't as hesitant as she was, she would have caught them.  Thank goodness she didn't, because I don't think they would be as friendly as our chickens are when caught.



Pony rides for all!


Followed by the old school playground that Katie and I used to (and still - see below) play on.


Even though there were 12 other people at the entire Farmstead that day, the usual activities were still going on, including a special school session that was obviously geared toward people older than 3 and 4.  Both kids soon got bored.


A little more playtime and then it started to rain.  And rain some more.  The only ones who were warm were Claire and Asher, and so we soon left - running!



On day 5 we had to part ways.  Scott had flown in from Phoenix early that morning and we were leaving to head to St. Louis, while Katie and Chris headed to Valley Falls to see his family.  Claire showed off her impressive crawling and standing skills.


While James will always be taller than Tessa (hopefully - and there is a 1.5 year age difference), I think Asher will catch up to Claire at some point in the next 2 years (they are 6 months apart).  But for this trip Asher was most definitely the little guy!


James and Tessa are best buddies.  They have so much fun together and act just like cousins!  This morning they build a very cool fort and decorated it themselves with stickers. 


GROUP SHOT!  I love all these kids sooooo much!


No comments: