Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Oh, was that almost a week ago? I forgot. I tried to put it out of my mind for a while. I've looked at other blogs and seen their photos from Mother's Day and I've been jealous. Really jealous. Being no fault of anyone, I spent Sunday on a plane holding Tessa while she repeatedly did impressions of a stiff board and a limp noodle (alternating every 5 seconds) while screaming. And thanks to Mother Nature, the plane flight was not a brisk 2 hours and 5 minutes like it was going to Kansas City. No, due to 100 mph winds, it added an extra hour and ten minutes to the flight. And to make it worse, there was a 7 month old behind us, who was perfect during the entire flight. I (barely) restrained myself from making an announcement to the people around us that my child walks and is used to walking all the time, and that baby doesn't even crawl yet, that is why he is being so good. I would have let this mother's day just pass without a post (and it was even my FIRST Mother's Day) if it wasn't for Saturday and this very special lady -
This is my Grandma, Tessa's Great-Grandma Ruth.  She turned 90 on Mother's Day.  And to celebrate everyone came to her town of Oswego, Kansas on Saturday.  And she didn't know we were coming!  All 3 of her children and spouses were there, as well as 6 grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.  I can't remember the last time all of us were together like that.  We spent the day eating from the BBQ, catching up and playing at Riverside Park.

Sitting on the patio.  This visit was bittersweet.  Grandma Ruth is looking to downsize, and we all realize this may be the last time at "Grandma's House"
Uncle Dave cooking the food, while James learns the BBQs are hot.
Tessa, Chrissy and Madison

Cousins Eric and Brad
The McClure's - Dave, Nancy and James (Dad)
Playing on the "new" playground at Riverside Park

It had some great old-school structures as well
Like this tank.  The big kids loved it.  Only in Oswego can you have a real tank, bullet proof glass and all.
Chris and Scott push all the grandkids (minus Brooke) on the merry-go-round
Tessa enjoyed all the plants (no cactus here!)

Dave and Teresa
My Mom and Dad
Happy Birthday Grandma
You have a lot to be proud of.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So sad we missed it. Great pics!

Sheryl/Mom/Grandma said...

It was an amazing day, Kelly. I know that Ruth was overwhelmed with joy at having her family fly in from all over the country. Ruth and Grandpa Bill (rest his soul) have created a wonderful legacy.