Scott and I participated in the Triathlon/Duathlon this past weekend with Christina, Simon, Rachel and Barry. It was my second Triathlon ever, and my first in 9 years. The difference this time around was that I couldn't take a nap when I got home because I now have a toddler. (note to self, get 2 babysitters for my next race, one during the event and one for after!). Although I do not know how I did overall (official results have yet to be posted) I do know that everyone finished high enough in their age groups to medal... except for Barry. The only reason all of us received medals was because our age groups were so small, except for the Maxi Tri Men's 30-35 age group. Poor Barry. He was the one who really trained for this too (and finished well ahead of all of us). They are having another race on July 4th. I haven't decided if I will do it or wait another 9 years.
No comments:
Post a Comment