Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Differences

This also could be called "My kids look nothing like me" or "Boys and bigger than girls"

When we brought Tessa home from the hospital, I had this cute footed sleeper for her to wear home.  Asher did not wear it this time around because I wised up and realized that when it is 115 degrees outside, you do not need to bring your baby home in a footed sleeper.  (Maybe it was only 105 when we brought Tessa home, so that was acceptable?)

So here they are, same outfit, same bed, different house.  They look so different, but at the same time, they look so alike (like their Dad).

Tessa at 4 weeks, Asher at 2 weeks
Asher was a pound larger than Tessa, and he is gaining weight much faster!  I don't think his newborn clothing is going to fit much longer.  And he does have hair on the front of his head.  It is just blonde.  The whole combination makes him look like an old man though.

Tessa was super strong from the beginning.  Asher is doing a great job holding his head up, but doesn't have the desire to stand up like Tessa did, and I think we are all enjoying a cuddly baby.  And he likes to sleep, which is much different than Tessa, too.  So seeing him with his eyes open is rare.  A little bit of awake time, and then he lets you know he wants to go back to sleep!


No comments: